Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Where did August Go?

Hi All, I think we missed a month or so. We'll have to include a few blogs on what we have been doing over the past weeks. To sum it all up - Lots of work. Here's a few photos we took where the kitchen is reasonably clean. This weekend I will run around the house with the camera and provide a big update. We only just had the internet installed and today I am posting this while at work.


We need to buy a couple of couches
I need to cut down the small window blinds over the cooktop before I can put them up.
The table is actually for the Alfresco but is just fine for now in the house.
The upstand servery works well. The corner cabinet is a pain. It would be great to change it to be like Andy's...

The phone has been connected - just need something to put it on.
We have fitted the old kitchen cabinets into the pantry. Fit perfectly. We just need to buy some handles.
The carpet is great. We had no problems with Carpet Court installers.
I also added some drawers and shelves to our WIR which we kept from the old house.
Yes we have power too. This is another story which I'll go into detail later. Promise to update again soon.
MM

10 comments:

Petal said...

WOW!!! It all looks so fantastic - like a REAL home!LOL!

What a great idea to keep the cupboards from your last place - you are clever cookies , aren't you (...or should that be chockies???)

It's so great to see homes lived in - the "Not as per display" version!

The floor looks fantastic, Mike- you did such a great job!

Looking forward to those pics ;-)

Bernadette and Perry said...

Awesome pictures. Floor looks very darn impressive. Great to see an update! Cheers.

Toni said...

Wow alright! Another "lived" in Cremorne. Fantastic! I was really pleased to see the doors shut on the HT as I've still not seen a house with the doors on and closed. Love it.

Is that really a huge tin of chupa chups in the Pantry??? hehehe

Agree, floors look beautiful, great job Mike.

Are you enjoying the house? Apart from the corner cupboard (which we changed like Andy's but then took out cause I didn't want uneven joins) is there anything else that you wished you had changed or not thought of?

And finally how is that baby coming along? How many weeks to go now?

DeGaul said...

Ditto with everyone else on that floor. Love the red in it.

Carolyn Childs said...

You ARE still there ! Still too tidy for my liking, but we can help you with that !

I thought H2B was going to comment on the Chupa Chups ! How did I know that !?!???

All looks great as usual. Nice to see the table set nicely for me !!

CC

Anonymous said...

Hi Everyone!
Sorry it has been so long between blogs but Mike has been slaving away on the house, he hasn't stopped so we are really starting to feel organised now. Although with so much room we can be really tidy in one area and not even have to go into the disorganised rooms ;-)
H2B - I am about 6 months now, Mini is doing really well according to the Dr and is constantly moving so I know he/she is there! As you can guess I am not much use with all the lifting that has been involved in moving in but I am having a ball organising all the cupboards :-)
Yes, that was a tin of chupa-chups, not many left now...
One thing I wish we had done was the niche in the bathroom. At the time we thought $300 was too much but now we think it would have looked really good.

R&C's Brookvale 45 Home said...

M&M's,
great to see eveything mvoing along so well. The photos look great, youv'e done so much to the place in a month.

R&C

Carolyn Childs said...

Let me know when you'd like Josh to come over with a hammer to knock out a niche for you ....
I'm sure he'd only be too happy to help.

Toni said...

Great to hear that Baby M is going well Marita, hope you are feeling okay too and enjoying the pregnancy ;-) Great excuse to get out of the lifting :-P

CC, how did you know that I'd comment on the chupa chups???? My kids would be beside themselves if I had a tin that big in our pantry!

Maybe you could get the niche done down the track? A friend just put one in her bathroom for a TV to sit in.......

Anonymous said...

Hi there! I'm Chloe. My fiance and I are building our own Cremorne 42, and we luckily came across your blog! I was just looking through one this particular entry, and loved the idea of you guys using your old kitchen cabinets in your pantry. Where did you originally buy them? I wouldnt mind maximising space by doing the same thing!

Chloe.