Sunday, June 1, 2008

Paint

We're up to the painting stage and we have completely confused the painters. They thought they were painting any old house. Not the M&Ms. Checkout some of our colors so far. The doors have come up great, wait until the second coat is finished.


We have also had the drainers guys digging trenches all around the house. The water meter has been fixed up also. Now we just need the phone and power run. Oh and the Bigpond cable. I hope we can have the phone and cable done at the same time.
One of the silt pits. We have lost our moat around the front of the house. We were getting use to jumping over it each day.


The BSS inspector has been again and the report was on the kitchen bench. Half of the items listed have been fixed. The plasterers need to come back and redo some areas. It's amazing what you can see when the paint is on the walls. Every mark dint, scratch etc shows up. We have pencil marks all over the place where the plaster will need to be fixed. Below is some cornice which was not straight and has been removed.



When we are at the house again we will take some pictures of the bedrooms....

10 comments:

Bernadette and Perry said...

Pisser! Funniest thing I've ever seen on a blog. Love the colours. I must admit I had to think about it when I looked at your front door. My original thought was "what the?"

Seems as thought the BSS inspections are achieving the results you need. There are some people out there who reckon the BSS inspections are not worth anything because they are organised by PD.

Anyhow, great to see things moving along!

Toni said...

Now CC's comments throughout this blog re pink doors is making sense.....

Carolyn Childs said...

WOW !!! It looks like something out of `Noddy'. Are you sure the red colour in the front door will go with the pink garage door though ?? And the yellow bedroom door doesn't quite match the showers.
Otherwise - looking good !! That must have cost a bit to upgrade so many different feature colours !?!?!?

Carolyn Childs said...

I was thinking at first that the front door colours were some sort of funny undercoat, and couldn't work out why they would take so much care doing different coloured panels. Shouldn't admit that thinking should I !?!?!

Carolyn Childs said...

Now I know why you want to know what colour mini is - so you know which room it will have !!

Tahlia Childs said...

It's the Wiggles !!!!

Petal said...

ROTFL!!!!!!!!!! And DH was really starting to worry - he said no one was THAT good with photo shop.....obviously he was wrong!!!I think he wanted me to drive out your way just to check...My daughter would loooove the pink door! (NO!)

T&L said...

Excellent job on the doors guys!! Love the colours - should really make the place come alive ;-)

Toni said...

I'll be truthful....when I saw the photos on the page I though they looked perfect - well done on that. It wasn't until I clicked on the photo to enlarge that I saw the imperfections........ I can actually picture you all (well Marita and Teagan anyway - Mike I've not seen) standing next to your coloured doors!!!!

Toni said...

Has anyone seen the new British Paints ad this week? It's a bunch of people in a circle with brightly coloured panels of housey stuff. I think of M&M eveytime I see it!!!