Sunday, May 18, 2008

Fix Start

We've hit the 3 month mark now and the house looks like a house - funny about that. Over the past week we have had the garage roof finished (sorry no photo), cabinets installed and the Fix has started. We also have had a few items revisited like the Niches below which were missed by the plasterers. The yellow tongue floorboard has also been sanded back along all the joins. We also have a bath.

The chippy started on Friday from the rumpus and was working his way through the kitchen on Saturday.




Kitchen cabinets complete and the frame around the windows and pantry door.

The Pantry shelves don't match the plans so we will have a chat to our SS this week.
Opps, I think the nail gun missed the wood.
The high doors as per the promotion. These were put on the study. Unfortunately they could not go on the Rumpus.

This is what we ended up doing on the Rumpus room. These doors are more solid than the others. Looks like the chippy had to add in the top section.
If you are all wondering why our blog has gone a little quiet this week, its because we have been busy telling everyone that a Mini M&M is on the way. Mini is due in December before Christmas. I wonder what color Mini will be????



10 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think that mini would have to purple, because SHE!! will have a loving caring personality. I'm sorry mike, I would love for you to have a boy. you'll just have to try again. Why not there heaps of room. By the way your house looks great. wont be long now. Jamit.

Mike & Marita said...

If Purple is for a girl and there are no purple M&Ms in the picture then M&M can't be a girl so it looks like a boy is on the way. Maybe Blue?

Mummy M&M has bought a few clothes already. In fact I think Mini has more clothes than me.

Carolyn Childs said...

Maybe mini M&M's are twins so you could have one of each !!

Bernadette and Perry said...

That's great news! Mini M&M will be orange, 'cause that's what you get when you cross the red and yellow one.

The house is coming along really well. You won't have any shortage of storage in the kitchen - all those cupboards!

Looking good!

Carolyn Childs said...

Mini will be pink b/c it's the cutest one in the picture.

Toni said...

CONGRATULATIONS on the Baby-To-Be! Wow, great news! I think it will be a blue M&M. Why? I have no idea but that is what popped straight into my mind when I read your post. What number child is this one?

Forget about the house I just want to talk babies........

House looks great too ;-)

Toni

Anonymous said...

Hi Guys, Thanks for the comments. No idea about the colour but this is baby number 1 for me. Mike has an 11 year old daughter who is VERY excited to be getting a mini sister or brother.

Toni said...

Regardless of what colour you get you'll be happy no matter what. I've had two of each and while girls are easier in some ways, boys are easier in others. Enjoy this time, hope the pregnancy goes smoothly for you Marita. No doubt Teagan (?) will be in her element playing a big sister role. Boys are cute too my 3yo is! Great news to read, we need to hear more good news like this.

Anonymous said...

Hi H2B, My sister has 2 of each too! Don't think I could handle that many. I'm starting to enjoy it now that the morning sickness is going away & we have been able to tell everyone.
Yes, Teagan is great with her cousins, I'm sure she will be great with Mini too. Teagan is hoping for a Pink Mini.
In case anyone is wondering about Carolyn's comment, there is definitely only one Mini in there, we have already had a scan to check :-)

Toni said...

Hi Marita, pleased to hear that the morning sickness is/has eased off. I had it all the way through right up to delivery.......lucky that my labour's made up for awful pregnancies. Had a chuckle over Teagan wanting a sister, so typical aren't they (kids that is). Mine were desperate for a brother for our last which they got, Emillie was two when Benjamin was born, she took ownership of him the moment he was born and three years on is still his 2nd mother. Enjoy!