Monday, May 19, 2008

Kitchen Servery

Below I have put some pictures of the Kitchen Servery. This is one item which PD came back to us which we instantly said 'YES'. We asked for many different modifications to the house. Some changes were refused by PD and others too expensive. I must also add that some changes were very cheap. I guess we just picked the items that were important to us and worth spending the extra dollars. Below is one change which we will be very happy with. When seated at the dining table we will not be able to see the kitchen sink. The top of the servery will also be Quantum Quartz, the same as the benchtop. We asked to also have the Pantry bench in Quantum Quartz. This was too much money and made us realise that the promotion was a good deal. We also added a splashback to the servery instead of tiles for a couple hundred dollars extra to match the rest of the kitchen. We have chosen seductress as the colour for the splashback. This is a deep Red\Burgandy. This will be the colour theme for the house as we will also have the feature walls in the same colour.

A few pieces of wood.
Frame complete, and very strong. It didn't move much when pushed.
On goes some plaster so the guys can install the rest of the cabinets.
Plaster added and we decided that this was going to look great. Thanks Marita for this idea. We actually asked for this during the tender process. G from PD disappeared for awhile, came back with the cost and details. We were sold.
We think this will look good when the benchtops are on and the splash back is installed.

Anyway today most of the doors were installed and the shower bases have been done. We were not expecting this. Below is the ensuite 1500mm.
Bathroom shower. You can also see some writing on the floor. This area is where the flooring meets and moves. It doesn't have any supports. I will be interested to see how this is fixed. Will let you all know the outcome.
This is Bed 3 where we added in the extra cupboard due to the change in the toilet. Toni, I have no idea why PD wont change your house to be the same.
Bed 4 cupboard.
The whole house is really taking shape. We are still a fair way behind B&P who have probably had the painting finished by now. We have a site meeting this Thursday - so I better pop down to Dan Murphys and see what is on Special..... :-)

13 comments:

M&J said...

Hey M&M, the servery looks great! No water splashing onto the floor either!

Congrats on the lil M&M on the way too :)

Toni said...

Looking great guys. I am very envious over bedroom 3's extra cupboard and also those two niches you have in the ensuite..... I can honestly say that the reason PD would not let us move the toilet is due to the problem it can cause on site when the builders build it, especially if they have built a cremorne before .....can't they read a plan?

Anyway I'm over it. I won on the pantry so that made up for it ;-)

Good idea on the servery, can't wait to see it all complete!

M&J said...

Thanks Mike! Toni forwarded the info on the servery to us. Thanks too Toni. Was very impressed with all the pre-wiring u did for your house!

The servery we want done is slightly different to what you have but great to know the ball park figure and details. Will hopefully get a pic of the kitchen we want up on our blog.

Can't wait to see how your servery looks completed tho!

Carolyn Childs said...

WOW again !! It all looks great. Can't wait to see colours b/c they sound perfect. The first photo confused me - that was obviously before the kitchen went in ?
Are you getting in to take photos after lock-up ? You must be regular shoppers at Dan's !
Hi H2B, we have 2+2 children too - aren't we clever ??
Aunty Rita can handle lots of children - when I go out to the movies she'll have 6 !!

Anonymous said...

Hey you forgot me. That would make 7!!

Carolyn Childs said...

Very funny Mike. I did forget that.
I've just realised that the servery looks about the right height for an elbow and a stubbie.
I see many celebrations to come !

T&L said...

Great Idea on the servery - can't wait to see the finished product and the splashback. And also a big congrats on the pending arrival too!

Anonymous said...

Hi CC, Are you counting Teagan in that 6? She will be the one babysitting Mike and Mini.

Toni said...

I think the Dad's are the biggest kids of all!!! We were at Lake Mountain on Sunday and two fathers were near me wondering what their chances were of their respective wives letting them use the parcel rack from their cars to use as a sled! Classic!

Hi CC - clever......hmmm lucky! I drop my youngest three to my sister who is just around the corner from M&M to add to her two. Whole new ball game! Auntie Rita will have a house big enough for a few...... you realise baby's nickname throughout this pregnancy will be "mini". I like how Perry refers to you guys as the "Choccy Couple" - classic!

Anonymous said...

Hi H2B, Mike and I have been calling the baby "Mini" right from the start. It was quite funny when comments about Mini M&M's showed up in the blog as we already knew there was one on the way :-)
I think I should be dropping my 1 off at CC's house, not her dropping off 2,3 or 4 at mine!!

Toni said...

Yes, CC won't even notice another child around! Sometimes I think the more you have the easiest it becomes. Busy, but they have each other to play with etc.

Will be a nice Christmas for you two, new house and new baby.

Carolyn Childs said...

Mini will be welcome at our house anytime ! And I promise he/she won't go unnoticed !
And if we were counting (lucky we're NOT), Aunty Rita has racked up thousands of babysitting hours with us !

I think one of you were referred to as the `Big M' as well - we've moved from chocolate to milk now.

Carolyn Childs said...

I do agree with your point about more becoming easier, H2B. I just wouldn't want M&M to think that a mini M&M would go missing in our house.
Mike, have you considered renaming your Blog ? It has very little to do with a Cremorne.
`40 weeks in the life of M&M' would be better.